Early Stage Business Accelerator
- 40 (Registered)
EntreLaunch’s Early Stage Business Accelerator is designed to help future entrepreneurs and small business owners get started right by guiding you through the ideation, validation and business building process.
This course is offered in 2 options:
1. Self-led course with access to Forum
This course is text based with some videos and audio.
2. Self-led course with access to Forum and 10 hours of one on one consulting with founder, Rebecca Palmer.
This upgrade option provides personal one-on-one consulting to guide you through the business ideation and launch process.
Students are immersed in real-world business planning, with an emphasis on small business and social enterprises, and will emerge at the end of 9 weeks with a validated business idea, web presence and business plan. Students/teams identify and design their own solution to solve a need, problem or pain point.
The program will:
- Identify needs, problems or pain points
- Strategize and develop a solution to a real world problem (students in this course will focus on products)
- Apply real-world business concepts to develop a business idea using the Lean Model Canvas.
- Create a Financial Forecast for their business
- Create a product prototype
- Develop an understanding of costing and pricing, revenue generation and apply the same to a business model.
- Learn to conduct customer interviews and apply the same using UX Design
- Develop a story and create a pitch for their business model.
- Learn branding skills to develop a business brand
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self-confident.
- Engage in online or small group activities (where possible).
Logistical Requirements for Participants:
- Computers with internet access
- Stationary including paper, pens, markers, post-its
- Access to video conferencing software for remote training (Note students will need to be able to access video conferencing via webcam and microphone to fully participate in sessions.)
- Access to email and Google Drive
Week 1: Ideation
Week 2: What's Your Why
- What’s Your Why | Accelerator 10 minLecture2.1
- Storytelling and Why Stories Matter | Accelerator 15 minLecture2.2
- Social Enterprise Versus Social Impact | Accelerator 10 minLecture2.3
- Week 1 Assignments | AcceleratorLecture2.4
Week 3: Introduction to Lean Model Canvas
Week 4: Customer Development
- Why Customer Discovery is Vital For Your Business | Accelerator 30 minLecture4.1
- Conducting Customer Discovery Interviews | Accelerator 30 minLecture4.2
- Customer Centric Design | Accelerator 10 minLecture4.3
- UX Design | Accelerator 30 minLecture4.4
- Week 2 Assignments – Customer Development | AcceleratorLecture4.5
Week 5: Legal, Revenue and Finance
- Costs and Revenue | Accelerator 30 minLecture5.1
- Creating a Financial Forecast | Accelerator 30 minLecture5.2
- Understanding Legal and Copyright for Graphic Design | Accelerator 30 minLecture5.3
- Legal and Revenue Assignment | Accelerator 30 minLecture5.4
- The Legal Stuff | Accelerator 20 minLecture5.5
Week 6: Marketing Your Brand
- A Brand Story | Accelerator 10 minLecture6.1
- Marketing in Startups | Accelerator 10 minLecture6.2
- Growth Hacking | Accelerator 05 minLecture6.3
- Creating a Brand Guideline For Your Business | Accelerator 30 minLecture6.4
- Creating a Brand Guideline Assignment | Accelerator 30 minLecture6.5
- Getting Started on Social | Accelerator 30 minLecture6.6
Week 7: Branding and Design
- Graphic Design | Accelerator 10 minLecture7.1
- Hiring a Graphic Designer | Accelerator 30 minLecture7.2
- Hiring a Graphic Designer Assignment | Accelerator 30 minLecture7.3
- Introduction to Colour Theory | Accelerator 13 minLecture7.4
- Colour Theory Assignment | Accelerator 30 minLecture7.5
Week 8: Marketing your Business
- Market Segmentation – TAM SAM SOM | Accelerator 30 minLecture8.1
- Marketing KPIs and Tracking | Accelerator 30 minLecture8.2
- Segmentation Tables | Accelerator 30 minLecture8.3
- Marketing Funnels | Accelerator 30 minLecture8.4
- Week 8 Marketing Assignments | Accelerator 30 minLecture8.5
Week 9: Developing Your Pitch
I'm a serial entrepreneur and community builder with a mission to inspire innovation, transform lives and connect communities. My goal is to help reduce global youth unemployment and assist youth to create their own future.