- 40 (Registered)
EntreLaunch’s Early Stage Business Accelerator is designed to help future entrepreneurs and small business owners get started right by guiding you through the ideation, validation and business building process.
This course is offered in 2 options:
1. Self-led course with access to Forum
This course is text based with some videos and audio.
2. Self-led course with access to Forum and 10 hours of one on one consulting with founder, Rebecca Palmer.
This upgrade option provides personal one-on-one consulting to guide you through the business ideation and launch process.
Students are immersed in real-world business planning, with an emphasis on small business and social enterprises, and will emerge at the end of 9 weeks with a validated business idea, web presence and business plan. Students/teams identify and design their own solution to solve a need, problem or pain point.
The program will:
- Identify needs, problems or pain points
- Strategize and develop a solution to a real world problem (students in this course will focus on products)
- Apply real-world business concepts to develop a business idea using the Lean Model Canvas.
- Create a Financial Forecast for their business
- Create a product prototype
- Develop an understanding of costing and pricing, revenue generation and apply the same to a business model.
- Learn to conduct customer interviews and apply the same using UX Design
- Develop a story and create a pitch for their business model.
- Learn branding skills to develop a business brand
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self-confident.
- Engage in online or small group activities (where possible).
Logistical Requirements for Participants:
- Computers with internet access
- Stationary including paper, pens, markers, post-its
- Access to video conferencing software for remote training (Note students will need to be able to access video conferencing via webcam and microphone to fully participate in sessions.)
- Access to email and Google Drive
Week 1: Ideation2
Week 2: What's Your Why4
Week 3: Introduction to Lean Model Canvas2
Week 4: Customer Development5
Week 5: Legal, Revenue and Finance5
Week 6: Marketing Your Brand6
Week 7: Branding and Design5
Week 8: Marketing your Business5
Week 9: Developing Your Pitch3